The EIP-AGRI Service Point is looking for coordinating experts for a number of workshops, seminars and Focus Groups on a range of topics (see below).
If you are interested then please complete this application form and submit your Europass CV.
The deadline for applications is 22 January 2018, 23:59 hrs Brussels time.
The topics of the activities can cover a wide range of issues issues related to the agricultural productivity and sustainability.
In particular, topics covered in 2018 include:
- water quality
- Non-chemical weed management
- Technologies for protection from frost damage
- Antimicrobial resistance, especially in poultry farming and considering animal welfare
- Diversification: new business models on the farm
- New feed for livestock
- On-farm practices to limit food waste
- Upscaling Operational Group results and learning from EIP-AGRI implementation
- Multi-level digital strategies for agriculture and rural areas
- The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation systems in making digital agriculture/forestry accessible
Coordinating experts contracted by the EIP-AGRI Service Point will be required to draft documents in English on their topics of expertise. The text should be easy to read and clear for non-expert professionals. They should also be able to effectively communicate and interact in English. They will work with experts from different backgrounds, and contribute to designing interactive meetings.
More information on the tasks of coordinating experts can be found annexed to the call document.
Applications and evaluation criteria
All applicants will be required to complete the application form, providing their contact details, areas of expertise, motivation, and illustrating their experience in:
- Writing texts in English for a professional, non-specialist audience
- Teamwork – selected experts will be required to cooperate with the permanent staff of the Service Point and representatives from DG AGRI, and so they need to demonstrate excellent capacity for teamwork as well as very good command of the English language
- Preparing the programme for events which allow participants to effectively share their knowledge, such as EIP-AGRI workshops, seminars and Focus Groups.
- Facilitating interactive processes involving experts from different backgrounds, such as farmers, advisers, people working in agribusiness and researchers
- Reflecting a range of views in a concise event report and/or discussion paper
All application forms which have been fully completed and submitted before the deadline of 22 January 2018, 23:59 hrs Brussels time will be reviewed and evaluated, based on the assessment of the types of expertise listed above.