The European Commission's Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) and the Support Facility 'Innovation & Knowledge exchange | EIP-AGRI' are organising the EIP-AGRI Seminar ‘Turning forest innovation into practice'. This two-day event will take place online on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 November 2021, and we are looking for participants!
The seminar will be very interactive. Anyone who may be involved in relevant projects or who has experience in improving forest management or improving the cooperation, knowledge and skillset of forest managers and owners is invited to join. Participants will include forest owners, foresters, farmers, schools, vocational education and training organisations, advisory services, researchers, EU regions and Member States amongst others. All participants will have the opportunity to actively meet and exchange ideas.
The event will explore how forest innovation takes place by focusing on:
- Bringing innovation closer to rural areas by learning how to stimulate cooperation amongst different actors in forest value chains, and enhancing positive spill-over effects, such as new products or value chains, services or business models, local jobs, or the valorisation of local biomass and resources.
- Stimulating the uptake of innovations and fostering cooperation in sustainable forest management practices, by connecting relevant projects and initiatives in the domain of the 4 proposed themes.
- Bridging knowledge and practice, with a particular focus on a supportive environment for social innovation and on small and/or unmanaged forest holdings. Exploring ways to scale-up forest management, foster cooperation or promote vocational training or advice.
- Contributing to the research agendas and implementation of the new EU forest strategy for 2030 by identifying needs from practice that are related to the supportive environment for innovation.
- Inspiring the setting-up of new initiatives that address key challenges of European forests, and particularly the creation of new EIP-AGRI Operational Groups (OGs), especially in those countries and regions with a lower ratio of OGs on the subject.
You will find more information on the seminar event page.
If you are interested in participating, please fill in the application form before 17 October 2021, 23:59 CET.
Please note that, given the limited number of available places, we cannot accommodate all requests for participation. The organisers will assess all applications received and will only confirm the attendance of those who will be selected by early November.
As a general rule, one participant per project / organisation will be accepted. However, the participation of forest owners, foresters or farmers is strongly encouraged, and a second participant per organisation / project can be exceptionally accepted if at least one of them is a forest owner, forester or farmer.
Please forward this information to others who may be interested in attending the event!
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org